"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21
"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy..." Psalm 126:2
"You gotta learn to laugh; it's the way to true love" from movie Michael
Laughter is the best medicine.
"What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul." Yiddish Proverb
"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." Victor Borge
********
Simply, I LOVE laughter! It enriches my life and my relationships. It's a gift from God. Nothing uplifts my mind and spirit as laughter does. Over the years, I have learned to keep a sense of humor about most things and to laugh. Yes, sometimes I have to laugh so I won't cry. I use humor all the time, which includes the wrong time in some cases. (sorry) A 'professional' told me that I use humor to cope. Well, YES, yes I do. And, it works most of the time too. :)
I honestly think the humor and laughing has made all the difference in Super Dave's and my marriage. We laugh at the same things and each other. Just last night, I was laughing to myself as I was trying to go to sleep. Super Dave guessed correctly what I was laughing about...a funny part of a dumb movie. We can complete each other's sentences, especially when it's a quote from a song, movie or tv. :)
There's nothing like listening to my kids laugh, making them laugh (love to be "tickle monster") and laughing with them. I hope they will always keep a sense of humor and have fun.
And, I'm blessed with some great friends that I laugh with A LOT. How fun to laugh until you hurt! A couple of you have the same, sick sense of humor as I do, and this would be one reason you are my best buds. :)
My favorite is to laugh so hard that I start crying. Fortunately for me, that's pretty often. Twice in the past week. Last one was while I was watching Super Dave DANCE with Sissy, playing *Just Dance 2 on the Wii. HY.STER.I.CAL! Just today, I left a voicemail for SD of a funny clip from a movie and laughed hysterically afterward. JT joined me.
So, don't forget to laugh. Don't take things too seriously. Love life.
Momma Wolg
No comments:
Post a Comment