Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

Is it really 2011? I pray that my family and I, as well as you all, have a great year. I'm not much for setting new year's resolutions, but here are a few things I'm hoping for this year:


1. I would like to deepen my relationship with God, something He desires, something I desire. But, it is easier said then done. I have done pretty well this past year reading my bible and daily devotional, but I want to spend more time listening and learning. My down fall is that I can be so easily distracted...by to-do's, activities, children but especially in my mind. So many thoughts and so many personalities in there!


2. I would like to get fit. I have made some progress in the last year with the gym and eating a little better, only to fall off the wagon just before Thanksgiving. I didn't just fall off, but go ran over a few hundred times. So a few steps back and a few pounds heavier, I will get to it again. I believe it's okay to fall and more important that you get up again. I want to feel good and be healthy, allowing me to take care of my family for a long time.

3. I want to be a better Mom to my kids...more patience, much less "Mommy Dearest" moments, more time focused on them, more consistent with discipline. Literally, "God help me."


4. We want to sale our house this year and find a new one. I love our home, but I'm excited about finding a new house some where in the area. So we have started to get rid of some things and then get busy touching up the house. Hopefully, we can be in a new house by summer so the kids can start a new school together in the Fall.

5. I want to learn how to use my new camera and photo editing. I got a camera that's a little (ok, a lot) more sophisticated. So, this old dog is going to have to do some reading and practicing (playing). Luckily, my sister is a photographer and can help teach me (although, I refuse to wear a big "utility belt" looking thing like she does).

6. I plan to continue to work part-time. I'm still doing book keeping for a friend who has her own business. I LOVE IT! The work fits me so well and the flexibility allows me to be there for my kids.

7. JT will start Kindergarten in the Fall. Say it ain't so! My little baby boy will go off to school. Breaks my heart...I like him as my constant companion and small enough to cuddle. But, part of me is excited to enter into a new chapter with JT and as a family. Between preschool and myself, I hope he will be ready and excited come August.

8. I want and ask God daily that my dear friend, 3 Boy Mom, finish treatment and be completed healed from cancer FOREVER, never to return, and that she lives a long, healthy, happy life taking care of her family.

9. I want and pray for Super Dave's health. His arthritis is so painful, debilitating and tiring. It is hard to watch him struggle and hurt. He is always such a trooper, not letting arthritis slow him down from working at his job or home.

10. We WILL celebrate Super Dave's 40th birthday this summer. I look forward to welcoming him into the club and making it memorable. Must do some collaborating and planning...hee, hee, hee. Stay tuned.

11. I want to start journaling and blogging more often. Really I do. It's just hard to find the time. I already start my days (well some anyway) way too early at the gym, and I spend some quiet time in the morning in prayer and reading my bible/devotional. And, if you know me well, I am NOT a night owl, like Super Dave. I finish up my "duties" and spend some time with dear hubby and then I'm just done. But, I will try to find a way so I can share more of my thoughts (yes, I do get them) and not just pictures, and write down my thoughts and lessons learned for myself.


So, what are you hoping for this new year? Here's to a great year with A LOT of laughter. Momma Wolg

1 comment:

anjejw said...

I love your blog!! Well I feel you and I are starting off the New Year right by being in touch again!! I have missed you over the years and you have been in my thoughts and prayers so often. We have lots of good memories together. I think we turned out pretty good :) Ok, you talked about getting fit. Oh boy, that is my daily resolution! I seem to eat, sleep, breathe being healthy but just am not quite there yet. We can encourage each other. I too want to pursue photography on a wider scale, but Dee lives no where near me to help, so I am on my own lol. I will send you some pics of my kids on facebook. Looking forward to catching up soon. HUGS - Anje Benson Waalkes