Yesterday, Sissy had her first day of second grade. She was so excited! And, she was ready...new outfit, new messenger bag, school supplies, hair cut, nails painted, lunch packed, butterflies in stomach, thinks she might miss Mom.
Her first day was great! She loves her teacher and classmates. Luckily, Sissy has her buddy Jaidyn in her class. They've been in the same class every year. When I asked her what she liked the best about her first day, she said "everything". Obviously, Sissy was ready to go back. (So was Mommy!)
I can't believe we're already in the 3rd year of elementary school. Time flies. And, she's growing up so fast. Several teachers noticed how much her legs have grown and her hair has shortened when they saw her for the first time this year. When I dropped her off at class, she gave me a quick hug and picture and said goodbye; I guess she's a big girl now and doesn't need Mom to hold her hand. (sniff) She was ready today for me to drop her off, no need to walk her in. Alrighty then..
JT and I will miss her during the day, especially being JT's playmate, but he will be going back to preschool in September and we'll have play dates. We had fun playing with friends on the first day of school...wish was could do that every day. LOL!
I pray this is wonderful school year for Sissy!
Much love my precious girl,
Momma Wolg

Ready to go to Second Grade
Sissy's new teacher for second grade
No comments:
Post a Comment