Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Friday, Sissy fell asleep on the couch; she was all tuckered out from the first week of school. Saturday, we went to a car show for a bit -- too hot! Can you say "Sonic...Cherry Limeade"? Then, we went to the pool. We had a blast. JT had fun sitting on the fountains that spray water up in the shallow end. Sissy did great swimming around with "river" with just a life jacket on. She getting more confident in the water. I swam with her...don't know how many laps we did that afternoon. I didn't need to go walking that night. Sunday, we went to church and I baked a cake that afternoon, which the kids helped with. See pics below. I let them lick the beaters and bowl when we're done making it. You haven't lived as a child until you've licked the beaters. I still remember my Mom giving my sister and I a beater each when she baked -- good memories, sweets :). On Monday, my Dad (Grandad) came into town. The kids were so excited to see him. It has been way too long. See picture below.

And, yesterday, Paw Paw was in town for business and took us out to eat for mexican food. YUM! The kids were so excited to see their Paw Paw too...in the same week. They wanted to know who was showing up next...Grammy? Mimi? Not this week.... LOL, Momma Wolg




Before cake...chocolate















After cake...looks much the same













Grandad, Sissy and JT

No comments: