Sissy was VERY EXCITED to go back to school. (Mom was ready too...all summered out now.) It was funny to see her act all goofy at Stop & Drop (what we used to call Meet the Teacher), because she was so excited. Sissy is at that age that you're more corny than cool, but don't know it. :) LOL. We've all been there. Daddy says it will last for about 6 years. No...surely, not that long.
Of course, we had to have a little drama this morning. No problems getting her up...she was too excited. Her new outfit, backpack and lunch box were ready; however, we failed to designate her shoes for this morning. Start drama...what shoes to wear, no, not those, no, not those...she wanted her white flip-flops -- the ones she's worn all summer, turning from white to gray and she keeps on the back patio. YES, those are the ones. Daddy and I finally gave in so I could get her to school on time. NOTE to self...must have shoes sitting out as well....GOAL- less drama this year.
I walked Sissy to her class. She said she didn't need me to this year. Sigh. But, then she knew her Mom wanted to, so she gave in and said okay last night. When we got to her class, Sissy just walked in towards her seat...no kiss, hug or good-bye. I don't think so! I called her back for a picture with her teacher and then a hug & kiss good-bye. On the way to the car, I did my annual SKIP across the cross walk and sang "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" My friend, who is the Music Teacher there, is witness to this every year. I looked for my friends, 3 Boy Mom and 3 Girl Mom, so we could lock arms and sing together. No luck...guess we'll do that this afternoon.
I pray for Sissy to have a FANTASTIC year at school...to be eager and excited to learn, safe, healthy, make new friends, work hard, behave and enjoy.
I'm proud of you, and I love you Sweet Pea!! Momma Wolg
Ready for 3rd Grade!
Looking pretty, hip and very shiny!






2 comments:
I looked for you this morning too...
LOVE her new outfit...at least the "worn all summer white, turning gray" flip flops didn't clash with her totally hip, rockin' outfit!:)
The Kinder and first grade pics kill me! She so does not look old enough to be in school. So cute!
what would the first day of school be without a little drama?
Post a Comment