Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just Call Me "Grace"

Yesterday evening, I had an accident and hurt my foot. Don't worry, nothing big. :) Sissy asked me why I keep getting boo-boo's. Awww, that's a good question. I told her that Mommy is just not graceful. In fact, my parents nicknamed me "Grace" -- one of my nicknames anyway. Daddy came home to find me hobbling around. I told him I fell off the ladder, okay, step stool. He asked "it folded up on you?" Pause. "aaa, yeah" Busted. He asked "did you stand on the handle?" "aaaa, yeah" LOL! Just for a second...a second too long, CRASH.

For as long as I can remember, I've been having accidents, big and small. I could not begin to list them all, but here's a few for your amusement... Most of them were as a child or teenager...
  • Totalled my new 10-speed by hitting parked car
  • Broken arm -- fell off a swing set
  • Cut head open -- hit metal bar on trampoline...was before days with round bars and pads (watched Mom faint)
  • Concussion -- head vs. baseball bat, head lost (thanks big sis)
  • Sprained ankle with new "Yo-Yo's"...if you're old enough, you'll remember these shoes
  • Face plant on entry hall wall -- new house, running, dark, misjudged
  • Concussion with ride in ambulance, was out on this one -- fell off top of slide onto asphalt...was before wood chips or anything soft
  • Toothpick into knee, under kneecap...I just remember running, falling ???
  • Hit parked car being pulled on an inner tube on a snow day -- wrong street, cute boys; required surgery to fix this one later
  • In a hurry, need to iron, wearing a mini skirt, board too low...okay, surely you can figure this one out - ouch
  • while i'm thinking about burns, went to borrow an iron in dorm, still hot, talking to friend, Ouch -- there goes the lower leg this time
  • fall asleep on the beach, for a loooong time...reaction to sunburn and aloe -- ENORMOUS head, basically disfigured for about 72 hrs
  • Hurt foot when I totalled my Prelude...a mile from home
  • Many broken pinkie toes...the darn furniture keeps moving!
  • Hurt big toe -- dropped 2 liter of DP on it
  • Roller skates on steep driveway, twisted ankle

Too many examples of my gracefulness, too little time. Mom said I caused all her gray hair. I say "NOT". Have you met my Dad and Sister.

Until next time and the next injury...Momma Wolg

1 comment:

3 Girl Mommy said...

HAHAHAHA!!! These were great, but seriously?!?! You may just need to be bubble wrapped. :)