So, what's been happening since November...so much, so busy...where to start... It will be long so I'll post pictures for some events later.
November:
- Well, the best news first...Sissy accepted Jesus Christ as her savior on November 23rd. Sissy and I were talking about Christmas and she was making Jesus a picture. She asked how she was going to give it to him. During our conversation, I asked if she had thought any more about asking Jesus into her heart. She said yes and wanted to go over again what she should do to be saved. We went over it and then we prayed together. Can I get a "Hallelujah"! That Sunday, Sissy went forward during worship service to make her public profession. I'm SO HAPPY for her!!
- We shared Thanksgiving with my sister and her 3 kids at our house. Lots of fun with all the kids running around...we made constant trips to the parks around town to keep them busy and use up some energy. It was fun to see them and the kids had a blast with their cousins.
December:
We were home for Christmas, which is one of our family traditions, along with attending Christmas Eve service at church. AND, it was a WHITE CHRISTMAS! It was so fun playing in the snow. We spent time with my brother-in-law and his family and D's parents. It was a great time and the kids always have a blast with their cousins.
January:
- New Years: We spent New Years with our friends -- the 2nd year of our new tradition with them to celebrate together over a fancy dinner prepared by my friend -- beef wellington. She only cooks it once a year and we feel so honored to be included. Yum! Daddy loves it, but I've already informed him that I will NOT be learning how to make it. Once a year will have to do.
- New Part-time Job: I started a new pt job in Jan., working for a friend of mine that has her own business as a CPA. Bookkeeping and working with her...LOVE IT! I get to use my brain (a little rusty, but it does function -- thank you), have a distraction and make some income. It's right up my alley!
- Girls Day Out: My bible study gals, the Tuesday Sisters, had a girls day shopping and eating...simply wonderful.
February:
- My Mom's cousin, Dorothy, went to her heavenly home in Feb. after a fight with cancer. My sister and I called her Aunt Dorothy -- Aunt Doh Doh when we were little. She was a great lady...funny, generous and a good friend to my Mom. My Mom, her sister, Dorothy and her friend made up their own version of the Golden Girls. Dorothy was Blanch. I loved and appreciated her and my heart hurts for my Mom who will miss her terribly.
- My niece, Lyndsey, celebrated her 4th birthday...another Wolg Family Get-together.
- In Feb., my dear friend found out that cancer had returned and she had surgery to remove it. Following that, she started chemotherapy, which is still ongoing. My heart hurts to watch my friend suffer and know there's nothing in my power to help her heal or understand why. I pray to my heavenly Father for complete healing for her. I'm so touched by her faith and testimony through it all; she's such an inspiration to others and ME. I miss our time together...shopping, coffee, parks, gym, date nights etc..
March:
- Sissy and I went to see The Phantom of the Opera. LOVED IT! I'm so glad we went. We love the movie and sound track. It was great seeing it in person, especially with the tour closing in November after 17 years.
- During Spring Break, the kids and I went to New Mexico to see my parents. Its been way too long since we had seen them. And, to add to the fun, my friend, her 3 daughters and new puppy went on the road trip with us since her parents live close to my Mom. The road trip went well, better than we thought it would. In fact, it went well enough that we might do it again this summer. The time with my parents was great. The kids had a blast and both my parents enjoyed seeing the kids. They've grown up a lot since we last saw them last year.
- Daddy raced his '66 Chevelle for Pinks All Out while the show was in Dallas. They were good qualifying runs, but they chose a different time bracket from Daddy's. He had a blast though and can now say "he's been there, done that."
- The kids and I went to our church's Easter Eggstravaganza, as we do every year. My sister-in-law came with her 3 kids. They all had fun getting eggs, I mean candy, candy, candy and playing together.
April:
- We celebrated Easter of course...church, easter goodies, egg hunt, dinner. Thank you GOD for giving your only son to die for my sins! And, thankful the easter candy is gone now...
- The Kitties turned 2 years old (13 in cat years).
- On April 17th, the women's ministry at church had a women's expo event. After much work by the committee and myself, it was great to see the event come together. I think it went well and pray that it blessed the women who attended. I felt lead to chair the event and feel blessed to have been a part of it. I felt stretched at times, but that's how it is when we're doing God's will.
May -- so far:
- My nephew, Zachary, turned 2 so, another Wolg Family Get-together. Fun and Food of course.
- Making good on a promise to JT, we went on a train ride as a family. D's parents and 2 cousins joined us as well. JT LOVED IT and was ready to get back on the choo-choo as soon as we got off. Apparently, an hour is not long enough.
- On Sunday, May 2, Sissy was baptized!! I was touched and proud of her. She told her Daddy "that was easy." On Monday evening prior, I had asked her if she had thought any more about baptism, and she said was ready. What? Really? Asked again Tuesday evening. Again, Yes, she was ready. Wed., after school, the first thing Sissy asked was "Did you call Wayne-O?"(children's minister -- who she wanted to baptize her) "Grammy & Papa?" Yes.
I'll probably missed a few things...but it's been awhile and I'm getting old. In fact, I need to go now...my back hurts from sitting here, heartburn from my afternoon coffee, nature is calling and I need a nap (jk). Hey, I'm starting to sound like an old fart. LOL!
More to come later, including some recent pics. Much love, Momma Wolg
2 comments:
Kudos for catching up on the blog! Waiting patiently for pictures. :)
It's about time!!! :) Can't wait to see the pics!
Post a Comment