Happy 3rd Birthday JT!

Dear JT,
Yesterday, you turned 3 years old. I have to admit to myself that you're not a little baby anymore. I cried a few months ago when I was going through your baby clothes and giving them away. I couldn't believe it -- my last baby is no longer a baby. You've have learned so much this past year. You surprise me all the time by how much you can say now, using new words almost daily. You're into trains, pirate ships, fire trucks and outdoors...all boy, for sure.
You have always been entertaining and funny, but that is accelerating with the expansion of your vocabulary and knowledge. You make us laugh and smile all the time. JT, you are just plain funny! Your delivery can be so dramatic. We have a blast playing with you and laughing at you. Sometimes, it's just hard to get upset or discipline you, because you're so darn cute. You are definitely our extrovert...never met a stranger. You'll talk to anyone, make friends and entertain.
This past year, you have gained confidence and strived for independence. We've entered into some "terrible 2's" (now 3's) as you're learning what you can and can't do and frustration to communicate as fast as you're thinking. But, this is normal and I know it will get better as fast as you're progressing. You've had some pretty good tantrums, but not nearly as many good "flop downs" as your sister when she was a toddler, if that makes you feel any better. :)
You are so stinking cute I can hardly stand it. I love those big, blue eyes & blonde hair your daddy gave you. You're still a skinny little thing. It looks like I don't feed you, but I do. Although, this past year, you've managed to survive mostly on air. Hopefully, this next year, you'll go back to eating good and growing more.
I know I still "baby" you in many ways, but I'm hanging on to my last baby and enjoying every minute I can before you no longer want to cuddle and be Mommy's little buddy. I've tried to turn you into a "Momma's Boy", but that's not happening. Like your sister and even the 2 cats, you LOVE your Daddy, always eager to see him and spend time with him...whether it's playing or "helping him" with his work.
Bottom line, you are such a blessing to my and Daddy's life. Simply a joy! And, this holds true for your Sissy too. You two are very close; it's fun to watch you play together, which goes pretty well...most of the time.
Happy Birthday, my baby boy. I love you! Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment