
One of the things I love about my children are their blue eyes. Just like with Daddy, I can never get tired of looking into those blue eyes. It reminds what a miracle my kids are, how beautiful they are (inside and out), how deep my love is for them and how I want to be my best for them. I'm simply in awe of my children!
God gave me two of his children to love and nurture. (He even let me be "part of the recipe" so to speak.) They are such a blessing and an awesome responsibility. I wanted to share a thought I had yesterday between reading my bible, books and learning Sunday that our friends' (Miss Scarlet & Mister Green) daughter just accepted Jesus as her savior.
As humans, we are made of 3 parts: the physical, soul and spirit. No one is complete until you accept Jesus Christ as your savior, allowing you to be filled with the holy spirit and have a relationship directly with God. Unbelievers try to fill the void with other things, only to be disappointed. There's only 1 way to be complete, as we have learned as believers (and sometimes have to be reminded).
As a parent, I'm not just responsible for taking care of my children's physical needs, knowledge, growth, but I'm responsible for helping God to make them complete. I'm to plant the seed so that my children will be saved, having a relationship with their heavenly Father. I want this for all my loved ones. When I think of it, there's really nothing more important than leading them to Christ, which gives them victory in life and death. It puts a new sense of importance and urgency to teach and show them about being a Christian. I pray for guidance and wisdom to do just that. I can not wait for the day my children are saved; I'm sure I weep openly with joy.
Thank you God for giving me Sissy and JT. I want to make you proud. And, thank you for those who are helping me plant the everlasting seed.
Much love, Momma Wolg
No comments:
Post a Comment